Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth? Do you want a supportive work environment? Do you want to be a part of leading adolescents to personal victory and success?
If you answered yes" then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
* Supervise youth in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior, and to maintain security for community protection.
* Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group classes and activities and observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
* Prepare periodic and special evaluations through the Individual Service Plan (ISP) and IEP on the assigned youth, report significant changes in educational and social behavior and make recommendations for plan changes.
* Prepare individualized learning plans and instruct groups youth, providing in depth attention to students as necessary.
* Maintain proper norms and security of youth and provide crisis intervention as necessary.
* Communicate, orally and in writing all appropriate information, both within the classroom and outside the classroom (in the log and in youth charts) and to relevant outside agencies, including parents.
* Assess each students learning style, design and implement curriculum, instructional strategies, and materials appropriate for the youth.
* Provide a learning environment to motivate youth.
* Ensure attendance of students in all classes and other activities and check on normative behavior.
* Complete all necessary paperwork to insure proper recording of student progress, including daily attendance records and progress reports.
* Maintain emergency lesson plans for use by substitutes.
* Maintain order in the classroom.
Must be certified by the State Board of Education. Must be able to use standard office equipment, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, climb three flights of stairs and physically restrain students if necessary.
Clarinda Academyis an Equal Opportunity Employer