May 13, 2019
EFFECTIVE: UPON BOARD APPROVAL
LETTERS OF INTEREST WILL BE RECEIVED FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION(S) FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR:
DEFINED POSITIONS AT PRESENT ASSIGNMENTS & TIMES
(Being considered or pending): Subject to Changes/Modifications
Supervisor of Security District
The Supervisor of Security will coordinate all district security initiatives, policies, and procedures. Also, will act as the direct
supervisor of all security personnel.
- Ensure safety of students
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required
- Work with appropriate district and school personnel to ensure the safety and security of the district
- Assist the Superintendent in the development and implementation of all district security procedures
- Act as chairperson of the district security team
- Act as the liaison with all local, state, and federal law enforcement and fire agencies
- Develop a governance structure that serves to establish leadership, create a common vision among stakeholders and support the DLT
- Investigate, as directed, any incident that may lead to law enforcement intervention
- Facilitate and research security training opportunities for district personnel
- Manage safety and security issues on all district transportation
- Conduct and manage safety and security drills at all schools
- Maintain confidentiality with district information
- Provide reports to the Superintendent as directed
- Review and implement change as needed in district and school safety and security policies and procedures
- Coordinate all building safety drills (fire, tornado, safety, lockdown, shelter in place, table top exercises) and keep appropriate records for all drills.
- Coordinate with maintenance and custodial staff to correct safety hazards or violations
- Provide annual district and building safety audits
- Support classrooms with law related education as requested by building administration
- Coordinate and assist with security at district events (athletic events and other programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent
Certified peace officer through OPOTA.
Current Firearm Certification
. Commission held with Garfield Heights Police Department
All employees shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout employment in the District. Applicants Must Submit An Application Online under the employment link at www.garfieldheightscityschools.com . ONLY ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Current staff members interested in consideration must submit a letter of interest to Christopher G. Hanke, Assistant Superintendent.
All applications and letters of interest must be received no later than :
May 20, 2019 @ 12:00 Noon
Those applicants under final consideration for employment must submit and pass a criminal history check in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code.
Garfield Heights City Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, genetic information, race, color, age, religion, disabilities, military status, sexual orientation, or national origin in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.