Position at ITW Construction North America
The Quality Engineer is responsible to proactively drive supplier quality assurance/control through initial supplier survey/qualification, working with Engineering, Sourcing team and all other applicable groups in requirements definition and introduction of new products/suppliers/processes.
ITW Construction provides a variety of fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation segments. With products manufactured at locations around the globe serving markets in North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
The Global Tool Unit (GTU) is a part of ITWs Construction Segment. The GTU innovates, develops, and manufactures best-in-class Power Fastening Systems for the global construction market. Our highly differentiated tools are specified to be used in a variety of applications including wood framing, wood trim, and steel to concrete installations.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Partner with Engineering, Sourcing and all other applicable groups in new product development process
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization and continuous improvements
- Develop and implement control plans and specifications; validate supplier quality controls
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in efforts to increase the supplier capability
- Travel to supplier location to resolve quality problems
- Support Purchasing with new / existing supplier assessments.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and preventive actions
- All other reasonable duties assigned
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required, Machanical and Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience in a Supplier Quality Engineering role
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Quality Engineer highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to multi-task to address quality concerns.
- Proficient with spreadsheet, database and statistical software.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Able to travel globally as required, up to 30%.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click [Click Here to Email Your Resum] for information on how to contact us directly.