The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Paralegal in its Case Management Services Unit. In this position, the Paralegal is responsible for providing time sensitive clerical support to Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) in DANYs Trial Division and Case Management Services Unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in court, processing and distributing court notes.
- Review ADA notes to confirm trial ready status and/or ADA to stand, and provide list to court personnel.
- Work with ADAs to ensure timely submission of court notes.
- Utilize the Court Event Entry Program (CEE) to update internal case tracking system with real time court adjournments, pleas, defense attorney changes, and sentencing information.
- Perform clerical and related tasks within the court and unit.
- Assist ADAs in court part and court personnel as needed.
- Use court calendar to label/number cases from each bureau and put them in numerical order.
- Prepare and maintain routine court related reports
- Email ADAs when case is on list to be called so they can stand on the case.
- Liaise between court expeditors, court staff, and ADAs.
- Complete waiver of appeals, orders of protection and other documents to be filed with court.
- Assist standing ADAs with additional information on cases as needed.
- Prepare Trial Ready and To Stand lists for the court.
- Check documents for accuracy of information and conformity with established policy.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to update and edit existing proprietary databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented and self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, law enforcement representatives, and outside visitors.
- Previous clerical experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice.
- One (1) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorneys Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Refer to a Friend