Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
Position Title:System Administrator
Security Clearance Requirement:Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
- Microsoft Server Level Certification (Server 2012/2016, SCCM,etc)
Years of Experience:5-7 years related experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and maintains Windows Server operating system and additional server components including but not limited to Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Office Communications Server/Lync Server.
- Applies patches to major subsystems and services, roles, and filesystem components within a Windows Systems environment and performs Operating System and patch testing on all changes prior to installation.
- Executes basic PowerShell or Command Shell commands.
- Monitors and reviews system logs and detects and troubleshoots problems.
- Writes basic technical operating system documentation.
- Controls system access and security aspects of critical systems.
- Demonstrates in day-to-day work adherence to security best practices and access control and security policies.
- Establishes and maintains suitable resource and performance monitoring on all systems.
- Establishes and maintains automated patching for all systems for which employee is responsible.
- Partners with the Service Desk by setting and managing the expectations of customers.
- Advocates for clients in service planning and deployment across the organization.
- Demonstrates day-to-day adherence with change control precepts and practices.
- Provides technical support and customer service directly to end users through ticketing system and periodically through screen sharing.
- Discovers and communicates potential service problems through identifying patterns occurring across separate Service Desk tickets and customer reports
- At least four years of relevant Windows Server experience.
- Ability to solve technical systems problems quickly and automate processes.
- Expertise in hardware/software RAID and logical volume management.
- Commanding knowledge of access control and security aspects of critical systems.
- Knowledge of networking tropology and distributed system concepts.
- Expertise in Active Directory architecture and concepts.
- Expertise in one or more server platforms.
- Knowledge of concepts in a secondary server platform.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology; Or
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Or
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Experience in troubleshooting technical problems involving software and operating systems.
- Experience in effective communication and collaborating in a high-performance team environment.
- Experience providing technical support in a customer service role.
- Experience using patience, sensitivity and effective communication.
- Experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience.
- Experience participating in diverse workgroups.
- Familiarity with networking topology concepts.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory concepts
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.Job Requirements: