System Emulation Engineer
Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Mountain View, California.
- Prior experience with hardware emulation (Synopsys ZeBu-S3, Cadence Palladium XP II/Z1) – must have
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, TCL, Shell etc.) – must have
- Prior experience with RTL (synthesizable) coding, Verilog coding preferred – must have
- Expertise in waveform debugging using Verdi – must have
- Experience in C/C++/System-C programming – must have
- Excellent hands-on experience with SOC verification
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate the desire to take on diverse challenges
- Experience with Verilog/SV will be a plus
- Design verification knowledge on UVM, transactor model, assertion, coverage will be a plus
- PCIe knowledge a plus
- x86_64 knowledge a plus
- Minimum BS (EE or CS) required with over 7 years relevant experience.
- Developing, implementing and deploying simulation acceleration and emulation using Synopsys ZeBu-S3, Cadence palladium Z1.
- Create synthesizable/emulate-able models for some modules of the system.
- Develop methodology/tool flow for running system tests/SW applications/boot OS on emulator.
- Use emulator effectively to test various areas of the chip using simulation acceleration, coverage, and power aware emulation.
- Help reproduce post-silicon failures on emulator and help with reproduction of failures in emulator on simulation.
- Closely work with RTL/verification/design/SW engineers for debug and root-cause.
- Develop and debug related RTL models, assertions, collateral.
Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.