Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: SSBI (T5)
Requisition Type: Regular
Builds, configures, installs and manages Windows servers and client systems. Customizes and implements server hardware and software, including operating systems, security, backups, monitoring, storage, remote access systems, and network management systems. Deploys Windows Servers and Active Directory within a load-balancing enterprise topology. Sets up system, service, and user accounts in accordance with established Cyber guidance. Configures and implements Active Directory Sites for optimum efficiency. Implements and maintains Group Policy Objects (GPO's) to enforce system security settings. Configures and maintains Active Directory integrated DNS. Requests, installs, and maintains server certificates. Evaluate Cyber Compliance against ACAS & STIG scans. Create system documentation and procedural instructions, including diagramming with Visio. Will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation to support the RMF accreditation process.
- A Windows server certification is desired.
- 10-15 years experience supporting complex enterprise level applications and knowledge of how application components interrelate and work together, including internal and external interfaces, etc. as it relates to supporting an enterprise wide Microsoft implementation in a high availability and distributed environment is a plus.
- Experience integrating and fielding system patches and releases, rebuilding servers & clients in accordance with DoD and PMO guidelines, and investigating and managing computer security incidents preferred.
- Significant experience maintaining Microsoft Server 2012 R2 / 2018 / 2019 and client operating systems required.
- Understanding of ESXi Virtual Environments to include snapshots and V-Motion a plus.
- Desired experience with fault tolerant systems - designing, developing disaster recovery plans, developing backup procedures, restoration of files/file systems/storage media.
- Must be able to operate independently with little or no supervision.
- Candidate must be able to meet German TESA requirements.
- Candidate must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification on Day 1.
- Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
- Candidate must obtain one or more of the following certifications within 6 months of hire: VMWare VCP5-DCV, MCSE, MCP
German TESA requirements: We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
- A bachelor's degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- An associates degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.