GDIT is currently seeking aSystems Administrator / Vulnerability Management Technicianto join theIAFNOScontract atPetersonAFB, whichsupports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations,including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.The scope of this effort will provide support services to operate, sustain, and assure the availability of Air Force Information Networks (AFIN) to enable war-fighter mission execution.
- Administering, operating, updating, patching, configuring, developing, integrating, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining vulnerability management systems, tools, tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Scanning, tracking, recording and reporting vulnerabilities using government provided tools
- Reporting and uploading scan results to the DISA's Vulnerability Management System (VMS) tool, or its successor, on a monthly or as needed basis for Air Force Base's (AFB) to review and remediate
- Performing trend and analysis of vulnerability scan data
- Generating reports that identify security posture of the base (i.e. deficiencies, history of repeats, etc.)
- Developing draft TOs, SOPs, checklists, guides, best practices and procedures for conducting vulnerability assessments
- Automating procedures using scripts, Sequel (SQL)/database administration, or other available technology
- Reporting repeat high vulnerabilities to the communications unit monthly
- Maintaining vulnerability management tools
Please Note: Shift work is possible.
- 5+ years directly relatedexperience in Systems administration.
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher
- Current DoD Secret security clearance or higher, oreligibility to obtain prior to starting work
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.