Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution. Develops integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems.
Directs overall system level testing. Has programmatic or technical knowledge identifying, formulating, designing and/or testing practical solutions to engineering problems and guide the engineering development of modern systems; and to employ systems engineering methods and tools in the development of systems. Integrating, planning, coordinating, and facilitating information system related activities such as upgrade of hardware and software, program and system design development of computer network software, and implementation of internet and intranet site software.
Assists in the upkeep, maintenance and security of networks. Analyzing the computer and information needs of the organization from an operational and strategic perspective and determines immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements Ensuring the availability, continuity, and security of data and information technology. Recommending and supporting process improvement initiatives.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years of experience in a "Relevant Engineering/Science Field".
- Of the ten (10) years experience, a minimum of three (3) years experience as system analyst.
- Experience in requirements definition, system design development, and documentation.
- Experience performing logical and physical system design and reviews and prepares system documents and specifications.
- Experience conducting technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with system; preparing reports, studies and documentation.
- Experience addressing special problem areas and administering solutions to complex areas of the network, including security analysis and planning.
- IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of TOA or hiring).
Security Clearance: Secret clearance required at time of hire based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.