COVID\-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities\. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID\-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security\.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires\. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID\-19 Community Level at the specific work location\.
Join our diverse team that, for more than 30 years, has been changing the way we see the world, pushing the envelope of IR technology and harnessing waves of light to make the invisible visible\.
Support 4\-5 major programs in production along with 20\+ programs in development stages\. Handle a broad scope of engineering work and technical opportunities\.
Experience a company culture with a small startup company feel with the backing of the world's largest defense contractor\.
• Responsible for operating and testing infrared focal plane arrays and performing analysis on collected data
• Operation of computer frame grabbers and test electronics
• Generation of test plans
• Troubleshooting electronic test boards and performing electronic design
• Work in a team environment to coordinate and direct test and systems related activities
• Lead projects and mentor other Engineers
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting growth position\.
The Locale: Goleta is a city in southern Santa Barbara County, California\. Goleta is part of the central coast region of California and offers lots of great scenery and is a great place to live and to raise a family\. The region is known primarily for agriculture and tourism\. Major crops include wine grapes, lettuce, strawberries, and artichokes\. Goleta is known for being near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus, although the CDP of Isla Vista is closer\. Much of Goleta is considered to be a quiet suburban community while Santa Barbara tends to attract most of the tourists and the area's residents\. Goleta is about 8 miles west of the city of Santa Barbara, along the coast \(the coast runs east to west in this portion of southern California\)\. Where can you drive to from Goleta? Goleta is 2 hours northwest of Los Angeles\. San Francisco is about 5 hours to the north of Goleta\. Las Vegas, NV is about 5 hours to the northeast\.
• Experience coding in MATLAB
• Experience coding in a scripting language to include any of the following: C, C\+\+, SQL, Java, HTML, or Python
• Hands on experience designing or testing in a laboratory setting
• Experience with testing any variety of photo\-detector products \(Infrared, Visible, UV, Gamma, LIDAR, LADAR\)
• Knowledge of imaging sensor or infrared imaging technology
• Facility Clearance Requirement requires special program access; therefore all candidates must be US Citizens
• Must have the ability to obtain an Active Secret Clearance \(No Clearance Required to Start\)
• Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
• Electronic troubleshooting of digital and analog electronics
• Focal plane manufacturing or testing experience
• Experience coding in Python
• Project Management experience \(project planning; team leadership, or working with budgetary estimates\)
• Experience mentoring other Engineers
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.