Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems - Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Electronic Warfare (EW) Electronic Support Systems Department requires an experienced Systems Engineer in Goleta or Pt. Mugu, CA , with proven experience in developing innovative solutions that meet war-fighter needs to support the EW business area relating to Electronic Support and Electronic Attack capability development.
EWS at Raytheon Products line; News; Videos: http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/ew/
This position requires strong initiative, communication, and collaboration with other engineers and personnel from the Software and Hardware Design Centers. The position will also require the candidate to apply Electronic Warfare principles and Electronic Support concepts in support of cohesive and compliant technical baseline performance. The candidate will work with senior engineers tackling challenging projects. The individual will be challenged by real work assignments in keeping with their skills and experience; this could include any combination of technical research, concept demonstration, modeling and simulation, product design, technical documentation, unit or system test, or technical presentations. This position will require operating within a lab environment with peers resolving technical challenges or implementing advance capabilities for Radar Warning Receiver. The Systems Engineer is accountable to the Chief Engineer and Program Manager.
Become a part of a growing department with 100+ engineers supporting two mission areas across five national locations. Continue to advance in your career with our established career roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration and test of our products, design and development of subsystem architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in signal identification and technique generation.
- Minimum 6 years related system design, integration and test experience
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare/RF/Microwave principles and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies
- Familiarity with software architecture design principles and abstractions
- Familiarity with lab test equipment for data collection/analysis and conducting experimental test
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting of subsystems containing software and/or firmware
- Familiarity with pattern recognition and signal identification
- Experience with generation of test plans/approaches, procedures and test scenarios
- Strong engineering analytical, problem solving, algorithm development and technical writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to present data and explain results to management & customers
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- Occasional business travel is required
- Experience in EW Systems Engineering related to digital signal processing, waveform development, and receiver-exciter architectures
- Experience interfacing, communicating and presenting to project and program management
- Experience in proposal development and cost estimation
- Experience in EW/RF/Microwave Systems design and development
- Familiarity with surveillance and target tracking radar systems and functionality
- Demonstrated experience in test execution and the use of test performance metrics
- Familiarity with signal/detection and target tracking analysis
- Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Experience in programming with MATLAB/Simulink and/or C++
Required Education: Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
Desired Education : M asters / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter .
Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - Goleta
CA - Point Mugu
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.