Springwoods Behavioral Health is an affiliated 80-bed acute care behavioral health facility located in Northwest Arkansas and has been providing quality health care to the residents Northwest Arkansas since 2009. The hospital provides 24-hour acute care behavioral health services.
Springwoods Behavioral Health is seeking a dynamic and talented Mental Health Technician (Part-time).
Under the immediate supervision of the Registered Nurse and/or Nursing Manager and/or Nursing Supervisor, this position functions as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team providing patient care. Technicians participate in both the planning and implementing of individual patient treatment plans. They may be responsible for admitting and interviewing patients, record keeping, and conducting appropriate treatment groups
Essential Job Duties:
- Must keep patient clean, work with daily living skills anddeliver quality nursing service to all patients.
- Ability to recognize and report changes in behavior of patients to other team members. Must have good observation skills.
- Skill set to work in a fast-paced behavioral health hospital with frequent interruptions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and knowledge of telephone etiquette is required.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other hospital employees.
- Ability to adapt to changes in how information is processed.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and make recommendations in the best interest of the hospital
- Required visual acuity to provide observation of patients and physical agility to manage patients.
- Proficiency in reading and writing.
Good organization and time management skills. Strictly adhere to facility time and leave policy.
Hours may vary based on staffing needs and include day, evening and weekend shifts or combination of shifts.
- High school diploma or GED with one year experience within a behavioral health or hospital setting or any combination of education and related experience preferred. No substitution will be allowed for the High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology or related field preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents (ages 13-18), and/or adults (ages 18 plus) preferred.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
UHS is one of the nations largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the Worlds Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of Americas Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.