Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and other related certifications are highly desired.
This position requires a minimum of an active TS/SCI clearance. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within a reasonable amount of time after hire, with acceptable timing determined by manager. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Technical Architect/Chief Engineer in either Huntsville, AL or Colorado Springs, CO (Schriever AFB). This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nations core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security and defense missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Architects, designs, configures, validates, and supports deployment, integration and test, and development of interconnected Enterprise systems and applications for cyber and data security and assurance on Cloud and/or high performance computing platforms, MLS PL4 Enterprises, and supporting infrastructure including connected PL2 and PL3 ancillary networks
- also include leading and supporting engineers working on deployment, integration and development activities for the Enterprise, including development of and/or input to associated deployment and upgrade plans, schedules, and budgets
- may include planning and/or leading Enterprise-wide cyber security improvements, tech refreshes, and system software enhancements or upgrade with an eye toward improving, monitoring, and validating the security of the Enterprise
- Author, coordinate, manage, and document architecture, design, procedures, policies, configuration critical to the Enterprise security posture including coordination with multi-disciplinary teams for the development of these products
- Author and/or contribute to related proposals, whitepapers, roadmaps, risk assessments, requirements and RACI matrix development
- Significant collaboration with customers including roadmap development, proposal technical discussions, and presentations/briefs of any/all Enterprise security architecture, design, and products
- Providing, maintaining and enhancing system security, architecture, and design to meet customer and defense security service standards
- Utilizes industry best practices for root cause analysis of Enterprise architecture, design, or configuration failures related to Cyber security
- Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse problems and issues of broad scope and complexity
- Exercise creative and innovative thinking to advance our business performance and mature our Enterprise with best practices
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs/requirements
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Mission Systems culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry trends and developments to ensure General Dynamics Mission Systems services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
- Work with Vendors as needed
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Capable of working on complex problems of diverse scope or situations or data that requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Detailed and very strong knowledge of technology trends and champions new ideas and product and process improvements
- Strong ability to excel at the development of new theories and methods
- Strong awareness of business objectives and Engineering's role in achieving
- Strong ability to be creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master advanced decision-making skills
- Strong ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects as a technical SME and leader with little or no direction
- Strong ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong ability to recognize and clearly report relevant information
- Knowledge of ACAS, HBSS, MFA, SPLUNK, and RMF strongly desired
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran