Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal Launch Team is responsible for coordinating the end-to-end delivery of Portal products at scale. We are looking for an experienced global Technical Program Manager (TPM) to plan, coordinate, and drive the cross-functional team from development to ramp and launch for consumer electronics, integrating innovative technologies. Responsibilities include identifying and mitigating cross-functional risks and interdependencies and ensuring robust cross-functional processes to ensure peak efficiency across the teams. Excellence in execution, ability to span from creating broad strategies to driving detailed implementation, and a systematic approach to problem solving are required.
1. Create, track and drive end-to-end project plans encompassing engineering, design, sales, marketing, eCommerce, manufacturing operations, supply chain, and others
2. Participate in and/or initiate cross-functional discussions to identify and address dependencies
3. Collaborate with cross-functional leads to create the cross-functional product plan
4. Structure and drive cross-functional checkpoints throughout the project lifecycle
5. Monitor progress in all work streams and flag potential problems
6. Lead cross-functional development and execution of complex product demos to the executive team
7. Drive communications, including risk assessments, up from the project team to the leadership
8. 5+ years of tech industry experience and 5+ years of program management experience
9. Communication, organization and program management skills
10. Knowledge of software and hardware development processes
11. Experience launching high-volume consumer product
12. Self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking experience
13. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
14. Experience working on consumer hardware projects that require significant software development in a new category
15. Experience working with diverse teams including technical, design and business
16. Experience being an active contributor to the creation of new processes and building a new team in parallel with pushing forward urgent product development efforts
17. Experience leading large internal and external teams and managing those relationships effectively to drive cohesive execution across the team
18. Start-up environment and technical management experience
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.