*This role can be located in San Francisco or Seattle. Will consider other locations for the the right candidate.
The Americas Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement (SSOE) team is building the future of sales. We operate with a startup mentality, build mechanisms that scale, and innovate solutions on behalf of our customers. Our team is responsible for supporting the rapidly growing Americas Commercial Sales business, from Sales Leaders to Solutions Architects and everything in between. We are obsessed with delivering results for customers and supporting sales organizations to shape the direction of the business. We are a diverse, innovative team that loves translating data, insights, and anecdotes into action.
We are seeking an experienced technical enablement lead to partner with The Leaders of the Americas Solutions Architects and Customer Solutions Managers and other key stakeholders to define and execute against our Field Productivity & Readiness strategic priorities. This role will be responsible for ensuring high productivity of our Solutions Architects and/or Customer Solutions Architects from the initial onboarding to continuous “Always-boarding” across our portfolio of offerings and solutions. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of technical sales, field enablement in a large organization, sales and marketing dynamics with the ability to map field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive technical sales productivity and readiness plan. This is a hands-on position with high visibility - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get things done.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Translate business needs into a technical field productivity and readiness plan for assigned areas. Perform detailed needs assessments in coordination with internal resources then create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of cross-functional programs in conjunction with Solution Architecture and Customer Solution Managers Leadership, Training, Business Development, Field Marketing, and other key stakeholders.
· Assist in the development of the strategic readiness plan and calendar for technical field productivity and readiness activities throughout the year. Drive execution of the various onboarding and always-boarding initiatives and programs in your assigned area.
· Own the Technical Field Productivity and Readiness input to the Monthly and Quarterly business reviews, and represent the Technical Field and Productivity team in regional WBRs, MBRs, and QBRs.
· Design and implement metrics to measure training programs impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility.
· Review and manage the existing content library to determine opportunities to improve the learning experience, ensure the content is current and relevant and best technology is employed.
· Continually assess readiness gaps, and work with the appropriate stakeholders to quickly develop the right initiatives and programs to close them.
· Work with peers and leadership to scale area programs across North America.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work and Life balance looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America and stays connected through virtual meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast paced dynamic environment, and value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of the SSOE team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org and deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills. Your manager will be there to help support your career advancement and help you explore ways to develop. We also encourage curiosity and ownership of self-service learning opportunities within our internal education center.
AWS is a growth environment - we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way.
+ 8+ years of Technical Sales and Sales Enablement experience in large organizations, with increasing influence and responsibility.
+ Bachelor’s degree is required
+ Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience taking broad visions and concepts and developing structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then executing those plans.
+ Experience in developing and managing competency models and learning paths for Technical Sales roles.
+ Good understanding of Cloud technology and AWS core services.
+ Excellent cross group collaboration skills
+ Proven experience designing and implementing a Sales Methodology training
+ Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail required
+ A fast-thinking, high-energy individual with a sense of humor and ability to work with a wide range of personalities will thrive in this role
+ Passion for field enablement
+ AWS ASA certification
+ Customer Success/Solution experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.