**Primary Purpose:** Under general supervision, performs a range of task required for industrial service operations to include but not limited to, tank cleaning, pipeline maintenance, manual remediation services, waste bulking, and/or demolition services, in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
* Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
* Load and unload equipment from vehicles, trailers and watercraft
* Operate routinely used tools and equipment to include, but not limited to steam cleaners, water lasers, cascade systems, chemical mixers, generators, air saws, drills, grinders, cutting torches, etc.
* Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or needed repairs to supervisor
* Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services
* Warehouse maintenance, stock supplies, building maintenance
* Complete required paperwork, forms and records as required
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
* Must be able to interpret and follow written and oral instructions and assignments
* Must demonstrate general knowledge of operations and ability to safely operate assigned equipment
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Must meet the position level requirements as listed below.
* Entry-level position
* Requires extensive supervision
* Must receive and maintain OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER (prior to or upon hiring)
* Generally 0-2 years’ experience
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment and annual physical examination as required under HEPACO’s Medical Surveillance Program. Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more with assistance.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety standards, including the occasional use of a respirator. Must be able and willing to enter into and work in confined and dark spaces, as well as in small boats, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time. Frequent travel is required.
HEPACO is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
*Job Title:* Technician 1 (Indianapolis)
*Location:* Indianapolis - Indianapolis, IN 46241 US (Primary)
*Education:* High School
*Category:* Skilled Labor- Trades