The Temporary Employment Service (TES) at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) is committed to supporting the success of its staff members, and offers excellent benefits along with an opportunity to grow your career with Carnegie Mellon. TES is a highly recognized internal resource that provides temporary clerical and administrative assistance to a dynamic campus population. We provide you with a rare platform to showcase your abilities while growing valuable new skills. You will have the opportunity to enroll in university staff medical benefits while working in an environment of collaboration, professional development and service that support departmental and university strategic goals.
We are in search of individuals who share our values of inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity and who are equally as passionate about engaging with a campus community that excels in creativity and supports innovation. In temporary assignments with us, you will be responsible for providing outstanding clerical and administrative support to staff and faculty in business, academic or research environments throughout the university with proficiency and integrity. Vital qualities include effective communication and outstanding attention to detail along with reliability and technical expertise. Your ability to demonstrate initiative, think critically and resolve issues creatively will help ensure a positive work experience. Being a member of the TES is an ideal way to become familiar with this extraordinary university; its innovative people, vibrant campus and deeply-rooted values.
**Core responsibilities where you will make an impact may include:**
* Coordinating large and small events; seminars and conferences, registration, reserving meeting space, catering, facilities and technical resources, etc.
* Coordinating and maintaining office calendars, prioritizing and coordinating meetings, gathering and disseminating meeting materials
* Assisting other employees with diverse projects as needed
* Preparing travel arrangements and building travel itineraries
* Supporting financial transactions; expense reimbursement submission/tracking and procurement card reconciliation using Oracle Financials
* Performing complex data entry and database maintenance
* Preparing reports and assisting with presentation preparation; proofreading and writing
* Interacting with students, staff, faculty and other guests in a professional reception desk atmosphere
**What is needed to be successful in these roles?**
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent time management and strong organizational abilities
* High degree of accuracy; Detail orientation
* Flexibility and ability to multi task effectively; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* High School Diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Prior administrative/office support experience; one year experience preferred
* PC proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* Prior experience in a university environment preferred
* Background check
We invite you to apply today if the prospect of being a part of this highly-recognized service motivates you.
Please apply and indicate full- or part-time preference in cover letter.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at:**https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/**
**Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.**
*Job Function:* Administrative Support
*Primary Location:* United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
*Req ID:* 0010F
*Time Type:* Temporary Employment Services
*Minimum Education Level:* High School/GED
*Preferred Education Level:* Associate's Degree or equivalent