Therapist/Behavioral Health/Full Time
Full Time • Bonner General Health
Type: Licensed Therapist
Department: Behavioral Health
Summary of Position:
Under the guidance of the Bonner General Psychiatric Clinicians, the Licensed Therapist provides patient care services by evaluating, treating, and triaging patients within the appropriate scope of practice as designated by the State of Idaho. Support individuals and their families through difficult times. Improve outcomes in people’s lives and maintain professional relationships, acting as guides and advocates.
· Provides high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to patients.
· Evaluates existing, new and prospective patients based on their needs, desires and limitations.
· Maintain communication with patients while addressing their concerns and goals and helping them keep positive attitudes.
· Develop care plans and provide therapeutic support as needed
· Completes clinical documentation daily using Clinic EHR software.
· Works independently and implements time management strategies.
· Supports BGH Case Management team to identify patient needs, assist with transfers to Behavioral Health facilities or arrange for OP continuum of care when necessary
· Provide therapeutic support to pre and post-natal patients at Sandpoint Women’s Health
· Maintains strict confidentiality regarding knowledge of all patient information (HIPAA), confidential staff and hospital business
· Trains and participates in emergency response duties and responsibilities as needed
· Maintains all required training and certifications
· Reports all quality of care concerns to Psychiatric Clinicians
· Performs related assignments as required including education, wellness promotion and procedure/protocol development
· Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control and other applicable standards
· Enhances professional growth and development through participating in educational programs, conferences, seminars, current literature, in service meetings, and workshops as relevant to this practice and in keeping with time constraints
· Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assess and interprets data considering developmental and age status and plans an approach based on each patient’s requirements, relative to age specific needs for the following groups: neonate, pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric
Master’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education required.
· Minimum of one (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting required
· Mental Health experience required
· Medical acute care and terminology
· Case Management preferred
· Current Idaho Social Worker license
· Current BLS (AHA) certification required