“Join the Acme Brick Family”
TRUCK DRIVER - home most nights - PAYCHECK EVERY FRIDAY
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Acme Brick Company (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing and building material distribution industry. We manufacture brick and distribute our own brick as well as brick and associated products manufactured by others. We operate in 15 states with a philosophy that we are much more than a brick manufacturer and distributor.
We are currently seeking a “best in class” Truck Driver that will operate a diesel or gasoline powered tractor-trailer to transport and deliver product, materials and accessories. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You will be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining procedures, communication and customer service. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) This is a safety sensitive position
• Transport and deliver product, materials and accessories to customers and/or home facility
• Operate boom or truck mounted forklift to load/unload product, materials and accessories
• Maintain delivery schedule and coordinate activities with dispatchers at several facilities
• Inspect product prior to loading for accuracy to delivery ticket’s description and securely packaged
• Maintain DOT log and record data as required
Skills and Experience Required for Success
• 2+ years of related experience
• 2 years CLEAR driving record and current CDL license
Competencies Required for Success
• Proven ability to build strong relationships
• Demonstrated prioritization / time management skills
• High school diploma or equivalent required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.