SummaryTransports materials to and from specified destinations on Brenntag vehicles by performing the following duties.
About us: Brenntag is the worldwide leader in chemical distribution with over 130 years in business. Our employees enjoy a great work environment with a very competitive compensation package. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and holidays. Also included are flexible spending accounts, a defined contribution pension and a 410(k) plan, life insurance and long-term disability plans. - Salary will be dependent on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver packaged dry or liquid materials LTL or TL to customers on Brenntag vehicles. Use air diaphragm pump as necessary on delivery.
- Position trailer in loading area and chock wheels to ensure safe loading and unloading.
- Ensure internal and external valves are closed prior to loading and unloading.
- Will-call product from vendors destined for Brenntag warehouse or for direct delivery to customers.
- Prior to leaving Brenntag, ensure that the product(s) loaded onto the truck match the delivery paperwork.
- Review bills of lading at point of delivery to ensure that the correct product is delivered and that all special delivery instructions are followed.
- Comply with all DOT packaging, labeling, marking, loading and safety procedures.
- Perform the required DOT pre-inspection of the dispatched vehicle daily and report items requiring repairs to the dispatcher.
- Secure every load in accordance with company policy and DOT regulations.
- Ensure the correct placards are affixed in accordance with 49 CFR.
- Monitor load for leaks during transportation. In the event of a leak or release of product, follow Brenntag Pacific?s emergency response procedure.
- Adhere to all facility safety policies and procedures when on customer or vendor property.
- Stay with the truck at all times while loading or unloading.
- Accurately complete, deliver and/or obtain necessary documentation including signatures, bills of lading, C of A?s and C of C?s as applicable.
- Maintain a Driver's Daily Log Book per DOT, using 7 days 60 hours rule.
- Remain in communication with supervisor and/or dispatcher using radio or telephone to receive delivery instructions.
- Maintain truck in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices throughout the facility.
- Represent Brenntag Pacific in a professional manner.
- Attend all required training when scheduled unless absent from work.
- Observe, follow and enforce all Brenntag Policies and Procedures.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Possess at least one-year experience working with chemicals.
- Must possess the required training in Tanker Endorsement and Bulk Training.
- Must possess a Class "A" CDL with Hazmat Endorsement.
- Must possess a current medical card.
- Ability to operate a tractor, trailer and forklift safely and efficiently. Forklift certification required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out detailed and simple instructions and write simple correspondence.
- Must meet PFT requirements to wear a respirator. Cannot have any facial hair that may interfere with a respirator.
- Willingness to work overtime or weekends as needed.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; talk or hear or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Brenntag is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Licenses or certifications:
- Hazmat Endorsements (Required)
- Class A CDL (Required)
- Tanker Endoresements (Required)
Brenntag is the global market leader in chemical distribution. The German based international company manages complex supply chains for both chemical manufacturers and consumers by simplifying market access to thousands of products and services. It combines a global network with outstanding local execution.
Therefore, Brenntag is the industry?s most effective and preferred channel to the market for partners ? really living its philosophy: ?ConnectingChemistry?.
Brenntag operates a global network with more than 530 locations in 74 countries. With its global workforce of more than 15,000 employees, the company generated sales of EUR 11.7 billion (USD 13.3 billion) in 2017.
The company is led by an experienced Board of Management combining decades of expertise in the che