Starr Regional Medical Center, part of LifePoint Health, is a two-hospital system with campuses in Athens and Etowah. The Athens campus provides inpatient and outpatient services through its 118-bed acute care facility and physician practices. Starr Regional Medical Center's Etowah campus is home to an emergency department, outpatient services, an 88-bed skilled and long-term care nursing home, a senior care program and wound care center.
Our*Athens* campus is currently seeking talent to fill the position of*Unit Secretary/Clerk**.*This job is permanent,*Full time*.
* Competitive Pay
* Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for full-time employees
* Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Paid Training
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
*Core competencies include, but are not limited to the following:*
* Greets patients and visitors. Answers, screens, and routes telephone calls. Calls codes, pages, and overhead announcements as requested.
* Enters nursing requests subject to the approval of a licensed nurse. Asks for clarification when necessary.
* Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient records and charts.
* Performs needed clerical tasks, including copying, filing, and ordering/stocking supplies.
* Assists RNs and physicians with other patient activities as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent: ? Preferred X Required
Successful completion of basic telemetry monitoring/heart arrhythmia course/test
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
**Job:** **Please select a valid job field*
**Organization:** **Starr Regional Medical Center*
**Title:** *Unit Secretary/Clerk (Days)*
**Requisition ID:** *7412-5478*