As part of the Buying team, your focus will be putting great products in our stores that closely align with customer preferences. While working directly with customers, you’ll focus on merchandising and pricing as well as corporate responsibility when it comes to our supplies. You’ll also focus on developing a wide range of products that meet or exceed our quality standards. If you’re looking to grow your skills and your career, choose more with ALDI.
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Work Location:** Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to **3** days per week _(i.e., work remotely up to_ **_3_** _days per week; work in-office at least_ **_2_** _days per week)_
**Duties and Responsibilities:**
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Liaises with internal and external parties as required, maintaining positive stakeholder relationships.
• Identifies and notifies their direct leader of recurring issues or when additional training is required for the team.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Supports project sprints from business case development to value realization in a timely and structured manner.
• Assists with projects, including research, meeting facilitation, documentation, training, and deployment.
• Ensures all timelines and expectations related to assigned projects are met.
• Prioritizes tasks, takes responsibility for results, and uses escalation paths if needed.
• Maintains an efficient and well-organized filing system to ensure that all documentation in their area of responsibility is archived properly.
• Works cross-functionally with internal analytics teams to align analysis measurement methodologies and reporting strategies.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of the company and National Buying department to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and within company and department policies and procedures.
• Provides cover for colleagues where necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Manages and Supports Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company.
• Understanding of grocery value chain and operations.
• Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at varying levels.
**Education and Experience:**
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Business Analysis, Analytics, Category Management/Buying, Supply Chain Management or Management Consulting required.
• Experience in strategic sourcing, value chain mapping, should-cost modeling or project management preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Tools required.
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx preferred.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%
ALDI offers **competitive wages and benefits,** including:
+ 401(k) Plan
+ Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
+ Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
+ PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, **eligible employees** are offered:
+ Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
+ Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
+ Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
+ Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
+ Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
_ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law._