Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
Warehouse Generalists at the developmental level work under close daily contractor or Government supervision and will perform work in one or more work units. They are expected to develop proficiency in the work that they perform and take the necessary Sponsor provided warehouse specific training in order to safely and effectively operate necessary equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to obtain a basic knowledge of Agency and Logistics policies and regulations that pertain to storage, packing, shipping, and handling of materials (to include specialized materials). Ability to obtain a basic understanding of the Working Capital Fund business operating procedures.
- Basic knowledge of cover and how it pertains to warehouse operations
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills when measuring, weighing, etc.
- Ability to learn basic carpentry techniques
- Ability to use power tools and machinery
- Ability to operate forklifts (must have completed forklift training withing 60 days of start); additionally, Sponsor will provide required familiarization with site specific forklifts
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to work well in a team environment
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.Job Requirements: