Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
This is full-performance Warehouse Generalist work within a Sponsor warehouse facility, the Headquarters compound, or other facilities within the WMA. Warehouse Generalists at the fullperformance level should have at least one year of experience performing in a warehouse
environment, must be eligible to obtain system access and must be able to independently under the general supervision of a contractor supervisor or Sponsor point of contact. They should
possess effective verbal and written communication skills and should be able to prioritize their
work. Full-performance Warehouse Generalists are expected to develop a proficiency in the
duties of their assigned work unit but will be expected to assist other work units as dictated by mission requirements. They should have a working knowledge of HAZMAT requirements, the
ability to learn/operate basic warehouse material handling equipment, and the ability to follow
proper safety protocols in the execution of their duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to obtain a basic knowledge of Agency and Logistics policies and regulations that pertain to storage, packing, shipping, and handling of materials (to include specialized materials). Ability to obtain a basic understanding of the Working Capital Fund business operating procedures.
- Basic knowledge of cover and how it pertains to warehouse operations
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills when measuring, weighing, etc.
- Ability to learn basic carpentry techniques
- Ability to use power tools and machinery
- Ability to operate forklifts (must have completed forklift training withing 60 days of start); additionally, Sponsor will provide required familiarization with site specific forklifts
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
With only general guidance, full-performance Warehouse Generalists will be expected to
perform one or more of the below work duties as well as other ad hoc warehouse tasks In
support of the Sponsor's mission:
o Safely operate material handling equipment such as: gas/diesel/electric-powered
forklifts of various capacities ranging from 1,000 to 50,000 lbs.; pallet jacks; hand
trucks; automatic or manual shrink wrap machines; warehouse scales; banding and strapping equipment; wheeled carts and cages; J-bars; dock and lift gate equipment; and packing tape dispensers.
o Tasks related to office moves and relocations such as: manual lilting and lowering of boxes, totes, bins, and furniture; wrapping of furniture and other items using furniture pads or stretch wrap; assisting in the team lift of safes and other heavy material onto the appropriate dollies, skids, or material handling equipment.
o Utilization of manual and/or electric hand tools for activities such as: mounting or
dismounting white boards, pictures, and electronic equipment; assisting with
measuring and cutting wood and the assembly of crates used for the packaging of
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.Job Requirements: