Lead Warehouse Associate
About Us: Capstone Logistics is a fast growing, exciting company focused on 3rd party services in distribution centers across the nation. We are in 48 states and over 400 Distribution Centers across the US. We are looking for leads to join our team and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful.
Shift: 4.00AM until finish
Ability to understand all aspects of receiving /unloading or loading operations within a warehouse facility, working alone or in teams with minimal supervision to accomplish job duties
* Working with a high level of direct contact with customer's staff and outside delivery personnel; emphasis is placed on the ability to relate in a positive, friendly manner
* Oversee a specified area within work environment to maintain consistent workflow and meet customer expectations
* Handle the movement of pallets and cases on and off trailers and other vehicles by using a forklift, pallet jack or by hand
* Ability to work in a warehouse environment, withstanding constant changes in temperatures for long periods of time
* Lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly throughout shift
* Handle the movement of freight by using motorized equipment or other means of transport within a warehouse
* Ability to review and comprehend requirements of TiHi Sheets which determine number of cases per pallet after breakdown
* Confirm count of pallets and/or cases as listed on Bill of Lading/Purchase Orders
* Handling of freight as directed by Capstone management and customer, meeting company standards, customer time lines and maintaining a safe work environment
* Calculate and communicate load pricing to drivers; collect fees and balance at end of shift
* Keeps Site Supervisor and Manager informed regarding conditions on the dock, accomplishments and concerns; contributes suggestions for improvements
* Handle the movement of pallets and cases on and off trailers on a forklift or pallet jack
* Proper stacking of cases on pallets in orderly fashion to ensure safety of others and safe transport of product
* Proper lifting technique; be able to mount and dismount forklift and pallet jack, slip, clamp.
* Lift, push, pull and carry cases ranging from 5 to 80 pounds in weight for a sustained time of up to 2 hours while stooping, twisting, lifting overhead and bending repeatedly.
* Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time while operating power equipment.
* Ascend and descend stairs repeatedly throughout the day.
* Ability to withstand constant changes in temperatures caused by working different locations in the warehouse
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma
* Previous warehouse and customer service experience a plus
"Performs Additional Accountabilities As Required."
Capstone Logistics, LLC does not unlawfully discriminate in hiring. IF you are interested in applying for a position and need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact (678) 495-9454 so that we can work with you to reasonably accommodate you. Note that individuals who have any hearing impairment will be reasonably accommodated in the application process.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled