Supervise and coordinate activities of employees on 2nd shift while ensuring accurate shipment of all orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Follow up on work performed by pickers and office personnel.
· Ensure trucks are loaded in a timely manner.
· Prepare cycle counts for key accounts and validate database accuracy.
· Evaluate and train employees on proper company procedures including forklift certification
· Maintain department budget by controlling overtime.
· Resolve any inventory discrepancies
· Ensure that all freight shipped meets the company quality standards.
· Make recommendations in the recruitment process; including hiring and firing
· Follow and communicate OSHA safety guidelines
· Review and correct hourly timecards while keeping accurate record of employee attendance
· Assign employees to specific jobs to ensure all work is completed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with vendors, employees, and management.
- Meet deadlines and perform accurate work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask and execute assignments in a timely manner.
- Manage competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2-3 Years of Warehouse/Management Experience
· Should have experience with Export and Import containers
· Knowledge of Railcars off loading (releasing railcars at CSX homepage)
· Experience in paper handling
· Knowledge of drayage from and to the port
· Port website knowledge
· At least 10 year of forklift driving experience (propane gas) Forks and Clamp attachments
· Problem solving skills
· Valid Driver's License
· Yard Spotter Experience ( knows how to spot trailers and container from the door)
· MS Office
Certificates and Skills:
· Forklift Certification
· Forklift Trainer?s Certification
Warehouse Hours -2ND Shift :
· Hours of operations are from 3:30 pm until midnight
· Need to be able to be flexible on hours
· Overtime required when needed
Jerich USA Inc is a privately owned 3rd Party Logistics/ Warehouse company which values their employees and therefore, is able to grow in a developing environment with sophisticated solutions pertaining to the international logistic business and globalization.