Capstone is a leading North American supply chain solutions partner with more than 500 operating locations,14,500 associates, and 60,000 carriers. We have capabilities in freight management, warehouse and distribution center support, last mile delivery, supply chain analytics and optimization, and more. We are uniquely positioned to help our customers reduce warehousing and transportation costs.
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful Supervisor with 2-5 years of increasing management responsibility in the distribution/transportation fields. This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential and a benefit package after 30 days.
* Negotiation of rates with common carrier representatives
* Running site with safety and efficiency as priorities
* Writing and balancing daily bank deposits
* Creation of daily work logs and transmission of same to corporate
* Audit of daily labor and billing reports
* Ensure customer needs are met daily.
* Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues daily.
* Ensure all associates follow Capstone policies and work rules including Capstone safety work rules.
* Hold weekly safety meetings and ensure associate participation.
* Assist in managing Site and Departmental budget.
* Scheduling associate shifts based on customer requirements.
* Interview, hire, and train new associates.
* Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services performed.
* Complete daily closeout, including cash balancing, data upload, and payroll record administration according to Capstone policies and standard operating procedures.
* 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience in an industrial setting.
* Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
* Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
* Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
* Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
* Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L statements; and prepare related management reports.
* Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Ability to stand for long period of times.
* Ability to safely operate material handling equipment as needed.
* Ability to work in warehouse environment on concrete flooring and in varying temperatures
* Ability to lift to 75 lbs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third-Party experience preferred
* BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is a plus but no required
* Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
* The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
* Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
* Experience with managing budgets and ability to create & maintain various management reports.
* Intermediate computer experience, ideally with Microsoft products.
* Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
* College degree is a plus.
This position offers a competitive salary, potential bonus and benefit package including 401K
Capstone Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity. Capstone Logistics is a Drug- Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled