Be a CAREGiver for Senior AdultsJob Description
Home Instead Senior Care is looking for caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Do you have a heart for helping others? Do you especially enjoy and appreciate elderly adults? If so, this CAREGiver role could be just the fit for you! Home instead Senior Care is seeking candidates in York, Chester, and Lancaster County areas for part-time CAREGiver positions, 12-18 hours per weekend. Shifts available every weekend or every other weekend.
As a CAREGiver, you will provide a variety of non-medical, home care services for seniors, allowing clients to be safe and stay independent while maintaining life in the place that they love best--their own homes. Home Instead Senior Care strives to provide compassionate and reliable services. Established in 1994, we've grown to over 1,000 franchises serving the elderly in their homes, both nationally and internationally.
We support CAREGivers as a part of our team, offering competitive pay, paid training, mileage reimbursement, as well as a variety of shifts in a flexible schedule.CAREGiverJobResponsibilities
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to care for seniors with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly, congenial, and professional manner
- Companionship--Helping to keep senior clients engaged in an active life
- Home Help Assistance--Reminding clients of medications and transporting to appointments, providing light housekeeping and preparing meals
- Personal Care--Assisting with all personal care, such as bathing, showers, getting dressed, etc.
- Caring for clients with Alzheimer's or other dementias
Prior experience is a plus, but it is not required. As a CAREGiver at Home Instead, you will receive training from your local office. Agreat attitude
and astrong work ethic
are the tools you'll need to be a successful CAREGiver at Home Instead.
Requirements for CAREGivers - some costs paid by Home Instead:
- Complete a criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, and drug screen
- Complete or provide a 1-step TB test
- Possess a valid driver's license and valid auto insurance (required for driving clients)
- Must be between the ages of 21 and 79 years of age
*No previous experience necessary - skills training provided by Home Instead Senior Care*
We have a variety of shifts available with competitive pay. Call for details and apply today!Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.