About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCGs Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCGs seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/. Responsibilities
PCG is seeking highly motivated and dependable Welfare to Work Supervisor with an interest in public service who can work in our San Diego, CA CalWORKS Welfare-to-Work/Refugee employment services operation. The Welfare to Work Supervisor will be responsible for supervising, mentoring and motivating Program Assistants and Employment Training Advisors (ETAs) toensurethey follow procedural requirements of CalWORKs. The Welfare to Work Supervisor will ensure ETAs provide quality case management services to Welfare-to-Work participants to ensure they move from government assistance to self-sufficiency by helping the participants overcome barriers to employment.
- Oversee performance of case managers to ensure participants receive quality and timely services.
- Ensure that program objectives and goals are met.
- Ability to understand and manage all levels of case management from early engagement to sanction with thorough knowledge of ETA job functions and requirements.
- Engage participants to support their progress and success in the WTW program.
- Communicate effectively with participants, case managers, and county representatives regarding WTW program requirements.
- Monitor and manage client flow in front desk/lobby area.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand program requirements and metrics including early engagement, WTW sequencing, noncompliance and sanction process.
- Manage and complete necessary WTW reports.
- Adhere to County Program Guide (CPG) policies and compliance requirements.
- Resolve conflicts that arise with participants and failure to comply issues.
- Design and develop Welfare-to-Work plans for participants, such as determining and assigning work activities, educational and training programs and supportive services to assist participants in meeting assigned activities.
- Follow procedural requirement of CalWORKs by updating client case files in CalWIN an CERMs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of CalWORKs procedures and implement appropriately.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of community resources, labor market and training resources.
- Complete all necessary county paper documents and forms.
- Ability to work with and relate to participants and demonstrate active listening skills.
- Display a professional level of empathy for participants and respect for cultural differences.
- Must be computer literate and have MS Word, Excel and Internet skills.
- Ability to learn specialized databases and software systems.
- Process oriented and results-driven work strategy.
- Ability to work across all levels of management and staff.
- Proper etiquette including customer relation techniques, superior verbal and communications skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials in the work setting.
- Understanding of modern office methods and practices, efficient with computers.
- Demonstrated ability to use various computer systems preferably CalWIN although not required.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with federal, state and county agencies as well as the general public.
- Ability to partner with and motivate participants with both physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Ability to maintain a record keeping and follow-up system.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 3 to 4 years of customer relationship management or case management experience, preferred.
#LI-SG1 EEO Statement
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.