Department: Work Health - Administration
Position is located: Douglas Brown Building
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Work Schedule: Variable
This position reports directly to the Supervisor of the Business Office and is responsible for providing administrative support to Work Health Administration, the Work Health Clinics and central business office functions to support the day-to-day operations.
Education and Experience
· Associate Degree in medical office management, other healthcare related field, or equivalent experience required. Medical terminology preferred.
· 2-4 years previous medical office experience preferred.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
+ Computer skills are essential. Must be familiar with MS Office products including Word and Excel. Must learn and manage administrative tasks of electronic health record.
+ Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional telephone skills; detail oriented with great organizational techniques, and ability to multitask. Able to work both independently and as part of a team. Exemplary customer service skills. General understanding of Workers’ Compensation laws and practice preferred. Knowledge of ADA, OSHA and other related laws preferred.
· Demonstrates effective problem-solving, critical thinking skills and independent decision-making abilities.
· Welcomes and registers Work Health patients.
· Schedules appointments
· Initiates the patient satisfaction survey at time of service and electronically sends survey for each voluntary participant.
· Daily appointment reminder calls
· Processes medical record requests
· Provides excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
· General office duties
· Maintains and safeguards confidentiality of patient employee health information and Work Health records to ensure HIPAA compliance.
· Maintains daily logs and Work Health clinic statistics, to include periodic reporting.
· Performs checkout functions to include referrals, follow-up appointments, and post-appointment employer communication.
· Administers required forms for patient completion.
· Monitors schedule for completion of visits.
· Performs daily cash-out duties.
· Timely submission and follow-up of WC claims and Employer Services invoices
· Documents work on outstanding accounts receivable in the billing module
· Supports day-to-day operations of the drug testing program
· Generates DOT bi-annual & Non-DOT quarterly statistical reports to customers
· Sends out new customer sign-up packets and sets up new accounts with all pertinent parties in the distribution list
· Verifies random testing is completed and uploads information into the database to ensure the various consortium requirements are met. Sends reminders to noncompliant companies as necessary
· Posts payments timely and accurately generating refund requests when appropriate
· Serves as liaison to departments, members and clients to assist with and provide necessary forms and reports that promulgate seamless operations and continuous care.
· Other duties as assigned.
Passion: We demonstrate a passion for caring for others and the pursuit of service excellence in all that we do.
Integrity: We commit to the highest standards of behavior and doing the correct thing for the right reasons.
Partnership: Working together in collaboration and teamwork is more powerful than working alone.
Accountability: We take a responsible and disciplined approach to achieving our priorities and responding to an ever-changing environment.
Innovation: We are capable of extraordinary creativity and are willing to explore new ideas to achieve our healthcare mission.
Respect: We respect the dignity, worth and rights of others.
· Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally, sitting most of the time, and only brief periods of standing and walking.
· Requires the ability to travel to member organizations as needed
· Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities.
· Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and effectively.
· Works in a typical office environment, requiring the ability to frequently respond to unpredictable situations. Time may be spent sitting at a computer, collaborating with other team members. Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, at workstation, using a keyboard, working in front of a video display monitor most of the day.
· Repetitive wrist and hand motion. The ability to reach and stretch intermittently.
· Tolerance and ability to manage frequent interruptions
Note: the duties listed above reflect the majority of the essential duties of this job and does not, nor is it intended to, reflect all essential duties that may be required for an incumbent in this job to perform.