(CDL required for this position)
$560-640/week - Paid Weekly
Capstone Logistics is the premier provider of 3rd Party services in distribution centers across the nation. With a foot print of over 400 DCs in 45 states and Canada, Capstone is THE preferred partner for many major Retailers, Groceries and specialty companies. With high-growth expected this year, we are looking for top talent that is interested in career opportunities to grow with us!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
* Full-time permanent career day one
* Full benefits offered after 60 days of employment
* Career growth -- We look to promote from within first
* Over 400 Sites nationally
* Join our travel team, see the country, learn how all of our sites operate
* Paid Training
* Safety Incentives
Under the general direction of the Shipping and Receiving Manager the Yard Switcher is responsible for:
* The movement and spotting of trailers to facilitate the needs of the warehouse in sorting and processing goods for shipment or storage.
* The timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
* CDLs REQUIRED
* Responsible to maintain a neat and orderly storage lot oriented toward maximizing efficiency in servicing the warehouse needs
* Operate Yard Truck in a safe manner during numerous roll-on/roll-off procedures daily involving loaded and empty trailers
* Drive and operate vehicle under 15 mph in and around the warehouse and storage lot/staging area
* Be cognizant of the reality that the operation is a low mileage severe duty function requiring particular attention to preventive maintenance checks and services as well as actual scheduled vehicle maintenance
* Must be aware that operations occur on asphalt, concrete and gravel surfaces in a hostile environment often contaminated with material subject to embedding in tires
* Responsible for accounting for records involving container numbers, gross weights, tare weights, and net weights on the scale log sheet to include source and type of material
* Must function and interact on a daily basis with warehouse personnel and comply with warehouse safety requirements
* Communicate using cellular telephone or 2-way radio with dispatch, operations, and warehouse personnel
* Security of valuable commodities and the storage area itself are a major area of concern for the Yard Jockey, occasionally requiring guidance from supervisory personnel regarding disposition.
* Duties and Tasks additionally assigned by Management
Capstone Logistics does not unlawfully discriminate in hiring. If you are interested in apply for a position and need a reasonable accommodation during the applicant process, please contact (678-495-9464) so that we can work with you to reasonably accommodate you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled