Youth Care Counselor
Position:Youth Care Counselor
Do you want to lead a group of adolescents to personal victory and success?
If you answered yes" to any of these questions then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
Established in 1990, Sequel Youth and Family Services of Courtland is a licensed and academically accredited 46-bed residential treatment facility. The program specializes in treating adolescent males with maladaptive sexual concerns and/or behavioral disorders. The campus is located in Courtland, AL near Athens, Decatur, and Muscle Shoals.
The Sequel Youth and Family Services of Courtland Youth Care Worker (YCW) directly reports to the shift supervisor. The YCW provides direct supervision of the adolescent males that range in age from 12-18. The residents have either severe behavioral issues or inappropriate sexual behaviors. The counselors provide supervision, structure, and support to the residents.
The appropriate candidate will have the:
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and student records.
* Ability to write documentation in student records, routine reports, and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of students and peers.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Qualifications:This position requires a High School Diploma and for the applicant to be 21 years of age or older. Experience working with delinquent youth or in the mental health field is desirable. Applicants with equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance after 60 days
* Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
* Company provided ADD insurance
* Flexible Spending Program
* 401k after 60 days
* 6 paid holidays
* Paid time off for balance of work/life
* DailyPay option after 48 hours of hire date