- Design and develop Data Warehouse solutions using a variety of different technologies.
- Design and develop a distributed data processing platform using Big Data technologies.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test automation suites.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, business users and other engineers to define requirements and design solutions.
- Influence the team by providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Mentor other engineers in the team regarding technology and best practices.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with developing Data Warehouse Solutions using relational databases like Oracle/MySQL/SQL Server, etc.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Big Data technologies
- Experience with commercial ETL platforms
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java
- Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi TB/PB scale).
- Experience with test driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with machine learning technologies like Mahout, MLBase, etc.
- Experience with building recommender systems and other data driven products.
- Experience working with AWS technologies like EC2, EBS, S3, EMR, Redshift, etc.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Upward.net?s mission is to help both employers grow their business and employees grow their career. We believe in hard work. We believe in education. We believe in opportunity. And we believe that when these three intersect, lives change for the better. Our initial product was built to provide timely alerts to job seekers. We believe the most important first step towards finding a new job for most job seekers is simply knowing that it exists. We send email, SMS and mobile app alerts to millions of active job seekers each month. We offer employers ultimate flexibility in how they choose to distribute their jobs and generate applicants across the 100+ sites in our job alert network. Employers can choose to have job seekers apply on Upward.net or drive traffic to their own website/ATS. In addition, they can also choose how they want to manage their budget allowing each employer to set minimum spends and start or stop their campaigns by location, position, brand or overall at any time We also offer a keyword-based pay-per-click advertising platform for advertisers that are targeting job seekers. Finally, we have a complete set of publisher tools to help other job boards monetize their traffic with our syndicated sponsored jobs, sponsored ads and white label job alert services. We take great pride in being easy to do business with and performing for our employers, advertisers and partners. We welcome the opportunity to earn your business.