We were named one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc Magazine in consecutive years (2013 & 2014). We also achieved additional honors by the San Francisco Business Times as one of the Fastest Growing companies in the Bay Area of 2013. We want people on our side who have a lively side of their own; people who appreciate hard work and aren't afraid to get a little greasy (elbow grease, that is) all while having fun. If you're ready to join, then get set and apply!
- Develop, debug, enhance and maintain functionality of the platform and back-end tools and APIs using the existing technical infrastructure, practices and methodologies
- Work independently and with minimal guidance to complete development tasks
- Develop across the entire stack, including front-end, business-tier, and database-tier
- Work with team members and other personnel in the company to identify issues and debug code
- Develop increasing understanding of the platform architecture, codebase, and functionality
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent.
- 5+ years of practical experience as software developer.
- XML and Web Services/REST
- HTML, CSS and Java Script.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, SES etc is a plus.
- Groovy language and Grails platform experience is desirable
- Configuring Apache, Tomcat, MySql etc.
- MySQL administration and optimization
- Bonus:experience working on information retrieval or hard core search technologies
- Bonus:experience building mobile web applications or products for international audiences, including localization
- Bonus: experience building test automation to support projects
- Extra Bonus Points: you?re fun to be around!
Employment Type: Full-Time
Upward.net?s mission is to help both employers grow their business and employees grow their career. We believe in hard work. We believe in education. We believe in opportunity. And we believe that when these three intersect, lives change for the better. Our initial product was built to provide timely alerts to job seekers. We believe the most important first step towards finding a new job for most job seekers is simply knowing that it exists. We send email, SMS and mobile app alerts to millions of active job seekers each month. We offer employers ultimate flexibility in how they choose to distribute their jobs and generate applicants across the 100+ sites in our job alert network. Employers can choose to have job seekers apply on Upward.net or drive traffic to their own website/ATS. In addition, they can also choose how they want to manage their budget allowing each employer to set minimum spends and start or stop their campaigns by location, position, brand or overall at any time We also offer a keyword-based pay-per-click advertising platform for advertisers that are targeting job seekers. Finally, we have a complete set of publisher tools to help other job boards monetize their traffic with our syndicated sponsored jobs, sponsored ads and white label job alert services. We take great pride in being easy to do business with and performing for our employers, advertisers and partners. We welcome the opportunity to earn your business.