Last Updated: May 1, 2021
Privacy of minors
Information We Collect and Its Use
We collect several types of information from and about our Users:
- information by which you can be personally identified, such as your name, address, email, phone number ("Personally Identifiable Information"). The specific information we collect depends on the type of Service you are using; and
- information which does not, by itself, identify you ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information").
We collect this information (1) directly from you when you provide it to us, (2) automatically as you go through the Services, and (3) from third parties.
- Information you provide.Depending on how you interact with the Service, the information you provide, and we collect, may vary. For example, to create a basic account, we may ask for a full name, email address, password, phone number, and address. On a voluntary basis, depending on the Service used, you may also decide to provide more sensitive information such as your social security number, driver's license number, or payment information.
If you connect to our Services via a social networking website, that website will provide us with information that you have authorized them to share, which may include information regarding your friends or connections on that social networking website. Any information we collected from such account would depend on the privacy settings you have set with that third party website, so make sure to review the social networking website's privacy and data practices, along with your settings.
- Information collected through automated technologies.As you navigate through and interact with our Service, we may use automated technologies to collect certain information, including but not limited to, technical information about your computer or mobile device, your browsing actions and patterns, such as the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, location data or other information about how you interacted with our Services. Automated means of data collection include the following:
Web Browser. When you visit a Upward.careers website, your web browser automatically sends us your Internet Protocol ("IP") address so that the pages you request can be sent to your computer or device. We use the IP address to determine additional information, such as whether your computer has visited the website before or how much time was spent on a page.
Web Beacons. We may use Web Beacons (also called clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) that are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track online movements. A web beacon is embedded invisibly on a webpage or email and allows us and third parties to collect information such as the IP address of the device, the URL of the web page, the time the page was viewed, track referring pages, etc. This information is usually collected in log files, which generally track website traffic, and is used for reasons including site management and analytics. We do not tie Web Beacons to personally identifiable information.
Location Data. If you access our services from a mobile device, we will collect your physical location if the feature is enabled.
Third Party Links
For your convenience and to improve the usage of the website we may insert links to third parties on this website. This Policy does not apply to such third party websites. These links take you outside of our service and off of our website and are beyond our control. The websites that such links may direct you to have their own separate Privacy Policies. We are not liable for the content and activities of those websites. Your visits and access to such websites is at your own risk. Please note that third parties' sites may utilize their own cookies with users, collect users' data, and/or solicit users' Personally Identifiable Information.
Do Not Track Signals
This Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals and similar settings on your browser.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we may use information we collect about you to:
- Provide you with personalized content and services;
- Customize and improve the features, performance, and support of the website;
- Provide relevant advertising, including interest based advertising from us and third parties;
- Provide recruiting services to employers;
- Conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research and service improvement;
- Communicate with you regarding our services;
- Create aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you individually;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights;
- Allow you to participate in interactive Service features;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
By providing us with your email address, you agree to receive email from us. We may also use your email address or phone number to send you, or call you regarding, other messages, special offers, etc. if you apply to a job posting, we will use the email address to provide you with job alerts that may be relevant. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out or change your preferences on your account profile page.
We may compare and review your Personally Identifiable Information for errors, omissions, and accuracy based upon past usage and response; or compare your information against other publicly available files; or validate some of the Personally Identifiable Information to verify that the information you submitted has a high probability of being valid information.
Based upon your affirmative consent, as evidenced by your clicking on the applicable "submit" button, acknowledgement box, and/or your registration on a website (i.e., your submission of the requested information, including your personally identifiable information), we may use the information you provide to attempt to match you with providers of products and services (for example, using your zip code to check for service providers whose service area covers your location) and/or we may forward the information that you provided directly to certain of our third party partners.
We reserve the right to collect information about you and store it in connection with other online or offline information we may possess or obtain about you to create a general user profile. This profile may be created by combining your information with other sources of information such as information obtained from public databases, or from your browsing habits surrounding your visit to this website.
Financial Information: To the extent that we collect your credit card information, we will use the information to verify your identity and/or for transmitting the information to the participating third party partners authorized by you for the purpose of completing your requested transaction. Your credit card information will be encrypted during transmission. In addition, by submitting your credit card information to us, you agree that we and/or our third party partners may verify your credit card account, and you authorize us and/or our third party partners to charge, and thereafter immediately credit, a small sum to the card. Such verification may be conducted through a third-party service provider and, in that case, we would share your specific credit card information with this third-party provider for verification purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to share with third-parties the fact that we have credit card information on file for specific users. Your credit card information is sent directly from your browser to the third-party provider we use to manage credit card processing and we do not store it on our servers. The service provider is not permitted to use the information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose your information or usage data with third parties, including as follows:
- With our parent and affiliate companies in the Jobcase.com family;
- With your consent;
- To service providers that enable us to deliver our service, subject to confidentiality agreements, including without limitation, credit card processors, email management firms, and call center providers;
- Aggregated usage statistics;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these communications;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provided the information;
- In a reorganization or sale of the company or its assets, your data may be transferred subject to the acquirer accepting the commitments made in this Policy and compliance with applicable law;
- If you apply for a specific job through our service, we will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to the employer to whom you are applying;
- If you include your resume in our Resume Database to allow employers, recruiters and other to view it, subject to visibility settings that you control, subscribers to those services will be able to view the information that you provide;
WE MAY USE INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE COLLECTED FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE, INCLUDING SELLING OR TRANSFERRING SUCH INFORMATION AT ANY TIME TO THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE. For example, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party partners so that they can contact you and offer you products and/or services that we and they believe might be of interest to you.
Your phone number is not shared with third party advertising providers. It is only used by us, or our service providers on our behalf, to provide the SMS Job Alert services you have requested.
Third Party Cookies and Technologies
Please consult the respective privacy policies of such advertisers for more information.
Please note that if you delete all cookies, the opt-out cookie may be deleted and you will need to perform the opt out again. For more information, see
How We Protect Your Privacy
In order to protect both the Personally Identifiable Information and the general information that we receive from you, we have implemented various security measures. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and we do not store any financial information. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure, so while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you understand that there are security and privacy limitations which are beyond our control, privacy and security cannot be guaranteed, and information can be viewed or tampered with when in transit by a third party.
Compromise of Personally Identifiable Information
In the event that Personally Identifiable Information is compromised as a result of a breach, we will promptly notify those users whose Personally Identifiable Information has been compromised, in accordance with the procedures set forth herein or as otherwise required by applicable law.
If you wish to opt-out from receiving additional email offers, advertisements and promotions relating to this website, please click on this link to "opt-out".
If you choose to opt-out, your e-mail address will be added to the suppression files associated with this website within ten (10) business days of your request. You may still receive promotional communications from third party partners with whom we previously shared your information. To stop receiving further communications from these third party partners you will need to contact them directly in order to opt-out. Please note that after we process your request to opt-out from receiving additional email offers, advertisements and promotions from this website, we will no longer make your information available to our third party partners.
Special Notification for California Residents
California Civil Cold Section 1798.83 allows users who are residents of California to request a list of what information, if any, we have provided to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding year. Such requests must be submitted through our Contact Us instructions and may be made once per year.
California Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (as defined by the California Shine the Light Act) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we provide them with an ability to exercise choice regarding such disclosures. We comply with this law by providing California residents with the ability to opt-out of, or prospectively withdraw their consent, if they have previously opted-in to, the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, to receive confirmation of how we comply with this law, or to make a request or to opt out at any time, please contact us at:
ATTN: Data Privacy
548 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94104
There is no charge for making privacy-related requests.
Any request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and must include the requestor’s name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
If you are a visitor or user who resides in the State of California, you can view our “California Privacy Notice”.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Upward.careers collects and uses your information described herein, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please contact us by using the communication means described below
Mailing Address: Upward.careers,
548 Market St. Ste 30363
San Francisco, CA 94104-5401